Scented candles are a great way to add fragrance and ambiance to your home. They can be used in any room of the house, but they’re beneficial for adding scent when you have guests over or just want to create a relaxing and inviting atmosphere.
There are many different types of candle scents available on the market today, so it can get confusing trying to find the right one for you.
Here we will discuss some of the best scented wax candles out there.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Favorite Strong Scents
- Vanilla Candle – This classic scent has been around since ancient times and is still the most popular scent with people worldwide. It’s also very versatile as it works well in both indoor and outdoor spaces. The vanilla aroma is soothing and calming, making this perfect for relaxation time at home. You can use this scent in almost every house room, including bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
- Lavender Candle- Lavender is another favorite among those looking for a relaxing scent. Its sweet floral smell makes it ideal for creating a peaceful environment indoors or outdoors. If you’re planning on using lavender in a bedroom, make sure to choose a light-colored candle because dark colors tend to overpower other fragrances.
- Orange Candle – A fresh citrusy delightful scent that smells like oranges! Perfect if you love orange-flavored food or drinks. Use this scent in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, kids’ rooms, etc.
- Cedarwood Candle– Another woodsy scent that adds warmth and comfort to any space. Great for wintertime or anytime you need something cozy. It can be used in most areas of the house, such as bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, hallways, etc.
- Jasmine Tea Candle- An exotic blend of jasmine flowers mixed with tea leaves. This unique combination creates a beautiful scent that brings calmness and tranquility to any area where it is placed. Ideal for meditation, yoga classes, spa days, etc.
- Rose Petal Candle- Sweet-smelling rose petals combined with essential oils give off a lovely scent that fills the air with its delicate sweetness. Works well in any type of setting, from homes to hotels.
- Cinnamon Spice Candle- Warm spicy cinnamon notes combine with nutmeg and clove to create a delicious scent perfect for cooking, baking, entertaining, etc.
- Lemon Verbena Candle- Fresh lemon verbena blended with natural ingredients gives off a refreshingly clean scent that is perfect for cleaning products, sprucing up your home during spring/summer months, etc.
- Pineapple Coconut Candles- These tropical scented candles come in two varieties; pineapple-coconut oil & pineapple coconut wax. Both work equally well in different settings due to their similar aromatherapy properties. Coconut wax offers a great scent throw and a slow burner.
- Sandalwood Candle- Rich sandalwood mixed with cedarwood creates a warm, comforting scent that is perfect for different occasions throughout the year.
If you want your scented candle to have a more pungent smell
- Turn on a ceiling fan
- Move the candle closer to you.
- Make use of a candle topper.
- Use a scent diffuser with a candle.
Hours of Burn Time
While Bath & Body Works candles are the strongest, many internet forums claim that a Yankee Jar candle lasts the longest.
This is because most Bath & Body Works candles feature a triple cotton wick, which burns the wax significantly faster than most Yankee candles’ single wicks.
In general, the bigger the candle, the longer it will burn. Round candles burn more evenly than other shapes; thus their shape is also significant.
Forget about Yankee Candles & Patriot Candles?
These candles have been extremely popular for many years, but people are now seeing some downsides to the famous brands.
Paraffin wax is used in a Yankee candle, as it is in other modern candles. Toxic compounds such as toluene are released when paraffin candles are burned, according to one study.
The European Candle Association, on the other hand, refutes this notion, claiming that “no reputable scientific investigation has ever demonstrated that any candle wax, including paraffin, is hazardous to human health.”
Because the wicks on Patriot candles are too short, they burn unevenly. Due to the too-small wicks, you can’t use a hood to get them to burn. Patriot Candles have a “decent” smell overall. However, they only burn for around half to two-thirds of their potential if adequately produced.
We would advise that you look at the list below, so you don’t waste your money on a poor-quality candle.
The Baobab Collection features a hand-blown glass vessel that replicates the natural beauty of the pure stone. The Marble candle is scented with heady leather, tuberose, and berries for an added layer of richness. Shake things up by burning fragrances like Patchouli on an evening when you want to float away from your daily obligations.
This candle is for candle lovers everywhere! This Hand poured candle has such a strong fragrance and a clean burn.
Let the Nuvola Candle transform your room from ordinary to extraordinary. The iconic Italian artist inspires this ceramic candle, and with a max burn time of 240 hours, you can enjoy this scent for an extended period of time. After the whole thing burns away, just remove its metal lid and save it as a beautiful piece of decoration for years to come!
The multiple wicks for more even burning releases scents as enchanting as the design surrounding it (a blend of woody musk with pink pepper, cypress, and labdanum).
Whether you adore the fragrance that only citruses can provide or need to recharge your batteries in anticipation of an upcoming long day, this lush candle will be more than helpful. If you’re after a delicate aroma that is also mighty at masking everyday odors, our Ginger Lime Champagne offers just the right balance between subtlety and power. Guaranteed lasting for up to 600 hours with pure cotton wicks, it’s as low-maintenance as they come… for those who want high-class home decor without any hassle. Plus, it is the long-lasting candle we are craving!
A refreshing scent crafted in Italy by Dr. Vranjes Firenze, experts in luxury scents to re-energize your spirit and help concentration. Natural oils are used in this decorative candle.
As the newest addition to Brunello Cucinelli’s exquisite home decor line, a delicate Astrum candle will light up any room with its vivid-yet-calming scent. Gentle waves of calming aromas from this soft white cotton wick candle last up to 120 hours– no need for messy wax or expensive holders. Perfect for gifting on holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries, these candles make the perfect gift in their own right!
Floraïku’s three teacup candles are the fragrant embodiment of paradise. Moonlight, daydreams, and a warm cup of tea never felt so good as when enjoyed in one of these heirloom-quality sets. Fresh top-notes mesh with coconut milk, mimosa blossom, and jasmine buds for an intoxicating floral top note—just enough to create a stimulating awakening to take you into some deep relaxation hours later.
The enchanting fruity scents hints of freesia, orange blossom, ylang-ylang petals round out the hypnotic background notes alongside warm undertones—vanilla pods warmed-over bergamot leaves; dry notes of sandalwood incense; aromatic cedarwood saturated in tobacco leaf ash mix together.
This set of beautiful candles will make the perfect housewarming gift.
From the eponymous French perfume house, Diptyque has captured an impression of nature’s first sign towards summer with its roses candle. This handmade porcelain container delicately captures one of nature’s most beautiful scents with a golden medium-circle wick for a 100% natural soy wax blend and a design inspired by floral ikebana arrangements.
Finally available in 1kg, with unique packaging that brings your home into the tranquil tranquility you experience at Diptyque’s flagship store on 19 Francis Street in Paris.
Welton’s Onyx candle is the perfect scent for those who want to surround themselves with a sophisticated, woodsy, and spicy aroma. This luxurious scented candle is a long-lasting, 100 hour burning time so that you can enjoy its dark and rich earthy scent in your home for days at a time.
Produced by an artisanal perfumer in France using traditional perfumery techniques, Welton candles are hand-rolled and dripped into each glass vessel before being carefully finished with black onyx to create something truly unique. This heavenly scent will have friends catching whiffs of it from across the house. The large size also makes it great as a centerpiece for spreading its subtle but dramatic fragrance throughout your living space!
Inspired by stacked baby macaroons, this super sweet candle is simply delightful. Sweet vanilla butter, caramel, and vanillas layers of cake fragrance will fill your home with delicate sweetness for hours. Burn time: Up to 20 hours.
Encased in a hand-painted porcelain pot that draws inspiration from the stacked baby macaroons that decorate Parisian pâtisseries, the 24-karat gold frosting lends an exquisite touch to any contemporary living space.
With her witty take on life and penchant for laughter, Dora Maar is a lovely subject to pick as Jonathan Adler’s new muse. Proving that every creature deserves a little style of their own, the fragrance is light and airy with accents of citrus that will leave your skin feeling divine after lighting up. The vessel’s gilded sheen gives it an otherworldly presence which emits pink grapefruit (Dora Maar’s favorite fruit), raspberry, French cassis, and violet leaves in tandem with rose petals, grape leaf, and sandalwood accord. A perfect gift for art lovers!
What is considered a luxury candle?
I frequently state that the term “luxury” is defined for me by craftsmanship and excellence. The process of generating a luxury candle is comparable to that of creating a complex, exquisite perfume or gorgeous cosmetics. The fragrance, wax, wick, and container all contribute to the luxury candle experience.
How do you know if a candle is good quality?
A wick that is the proper size and construction for the candle will be found in the top-quality candles. If your candle burns neatly, evenly, and forms a pool of liquid wax all the way across the surface of the candle within 2 to 4 hours, you know it has a healthy wick.
Don’t cheap out on a scented candle! It won’t burn correctly, and the rich fragrances won’t last 2 hours.
What people look for in a candle?
When buying candles, look for an excellent presentation, high quality, name brands, decorative graphics, decorative containers, and light or universal aroma.