Every day, sleep affirmations are statements that affirm your beliefs and affirm your worth. They can be spoken aloud, written down in a journal, or even just thought about before you go to bed at night. There’s no right or wrong way to do it – the important thing is that they’re positive statements of belief.
If you’re reading this article, then chances are that sleep deprivation is an issue for you, which could lead to many other health problems if left untreated.
These affirmations aim to help people get back into the habit of sleeping well by reciting them nightly before going to bed to create a relaxing environment conducive to sleep. Affirmations should only take a few minutes, but the effects can last a lifetime.
Table of Contents
What are affirmations for sleep?
Night Time affirmations affirm a desired goal for the evening before bed. They will help put you in the best mindset to drift off into restful sleep. Night affirmations are not just positive affirmations for sleep but affirmations about sleep.
Positive sleep affirmations can reverse negative thought patterns and help you relax before bedtime, but a pervasive sleep disorder may require medical attention.
Bedtime affirmations are affirmations that you speak aloud throughout your bedtime routine before climbing under the covers for sleep. These affirmations are all about how you will have a restful evening by sleeping soundly.
Why affirmations for sleep are important
Sleep Affirmations are important affirmations to make you sleep better.
The thing is, regularly having negative thoughts about your sleep patterns affects your quality and quantity of sleep!
So performing affirmations at night will put you in the best mindset to drift off into blissful slumber. Sleep affirmations are affirmations before bed. It’s a desired goal for the evening before bed. And put in a state of ease and calmness, ready to tackle the next day’s challenges.
Every day affirmations are statements that confirm your views and value. They can be spoken aloud, written down in a journal, or even just thought about before you go to bed at night. There’s no right or wrong way to do it – the important thing is that affirmations are positive statements of belief.
Repeating nighttime affirmations gives you the power to rewire your brain to turn negative thought patterns into positive ones.
When do I perform Affirmations?
You can do anything that feels calming for 30 minutes or an hour before bedtime (without your phone!), then do your affirmations right before sleep.
Here’s an example of a routine that will help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Turn off all electronics one hour before bedtime.
- Read a physical book (not digital) one hour before bedtime
- Take a hot bath or shower
- Drink chamomile tea
- Write down all of your thoughts on paper and empty your mind
- Take a walk at night before going to bed
- Turn down the lights or use candles one hour before bed
- Go to bed between 10 to 11 pm every night
- If you are upset at someone, speak your truth to them in a loving way and do the best you can to resolve the issue before 9 pm.
- Get into your sleepwear.
- Perform confident affirmations for a peaceful sleep.
Here are some positive bedtime affirmations that you can recite nightly before going to bed:
- I am completely happy and content with myself.
- No matter what I may be going through or how difficult my problems may seem, I know that everything will work out in time.
- I am at peace.
- Every day I go to bed feeling completely content and fulfilled. I am spent but satisfied.
- I am ready for a good night’s sleep.
Sleep doesn’t come easily to me
- It seems like every time I try to fall asleep, something is keeping me up, whether it be my thoughts or the fact that my bed is so uncomfortable.
- I am completely happy with who I am and where I’m at.
- No matter what I may be going through or how difficult my problems may seem, everything will work itself out in time.
- My bed provides me with total comfort and support.
- Every night as I go to bed, I am completely fulfilled and at peace.
- I naturally fall asleep within a matter of minutes.
- I am in a safe space to sleep.
- It is now time for rest, relaxation, and restoration.
How to create affirmations for sleep
Affirmations are short phrases that repeat the same thoughts and feelings to maintain a positive state of mind and your emotions. That is why affirmations work so well at helping people sleep better: affirmations encourage self-soothing and self-care.
With our subconscious mind always at work, what we think about right before bed influences our dreams at night.
If you don’t put trust in what you’re saying, then your subconscious mind won’t either, and it’ll be more difficult for the desire to occur.
Writing down an affirmation each night before bed helps to ensure that the positive thoughts we’ve had all day will be in our head when it matters most: when we’re trying to fall asleep. It’s like creating a nighttime routine with affirmations. They say things like “I deserve good health” or “I will have a wonderful day tomorrow.”
When writing your own affirmations, think of encouraging positive thoughts, relaxation, and awareness of your own needs. For example, an affirmation about falling asleep is “I fall asleep easily and naturally.”
Your affirmations need to be “positive-self” affirmations. That means they affirm your attributes, qualities, achievements, etc. For example, an affirmation about health could be that you are healthy or wish to become healthier before bedtime is a good time for affirmations because it’s already your nightly routine. It’s also a good time to affirm your affirmations because you are already in the habit of saying affirmations for sleep.
Sleep Affirmations for Anxiety
Anxiety is one of those conditions that affects everyone differently. Some people experience anxiety on a daily basis, while others only feel anxious once in a while. The best part about controlling anxiety is that there are many ways to manage this condition. Here are some tips for managing anxiety during the day and at night.
The first step towards controlling anxiety is recognizing its presence. If you notice yourself becoming nervous or worried, then take note of these signs. You can use them as reminders to help keep your anxiety under control, which is why Sleep Affirmations can really help. You’ve acknowledged your anxiety, and you’re putting positive thoughts to replace your anxious ones and enable peace of mind.
- Be in the moment, not the future or the past.
- Every day there are challenges that I will face. Tomorrow might be one of them. What I do today defines my tomorrow.
- The only thing that is certain in life is uncertainty. Embrace it and learn to enjoy it!
- I know everything will be alright in the end (even if I don’t believe it right now).
- If things get too hard, take a deep breath and let the air out slowly. Repeat until calm returns.
How Can Nightly Affirmations Improve Mental Health?
You may have heard affirmations for sleep online or from a friend, but are you wondering what affirmations are and why they are so important? An affirmation is an empowering thought that helps you to feel more confident, positive, and happy.
Everyday life is busy with work, school, responsibilities at home, and possibly parenting. There may be days that you wish you could just crawl up in bed right after dinner because your mind is too exhausted to think straight. Nightly affirmations will help put your mind at rest before bedtime so that you can relax.
Affirmations can improve mental health by figuring out some key things about the difficulties you may face, whether work, school, or personal problems. Once you figure out the root of your problem, affirmations can help clear those thoughts away at night so that you can rest. When affirmations are done right, they use positive thinking to prevent stress and anxiety from overwhelming you. Rethinking negative thoughts and replacing them with more empowering affirmations is a great way to feel more confident in yourself.
It can’t hurt to try affirmations, so go ahead and give them a shot, whether they’re affirmations about deep sleep, health, or general affirmations that focus on positive self-talk. You can affirm anything from affirmations for sleep to affirmations about work. Whatever affirmations you use will help you to maintain a positive mindset and fall asleep easily and naturally.
Are affirmations effective?
Affirmations are positive words that can assist you in overcoming self-defeating and negative thinking. Remember that affirmations work best when combined with other methods such as visualization and goal planning.
What is a good daily affirmation?
‘I accept myself for who I am and create peace, power, and confidence of mind and of heart.’
I’m going to forgive myself and set myself free. I am deserving of being forgiven. Every day, I am mending and stronger.